Whether you’re going to a socially distant gathering or just chillin’ at home, cold brew is a natural first choice when it comes to choosing caffeinated bevs to sip on over summer holidays. But let’s face it, you’re not always able to stop by your local cafe, and even if you were, the cost adds up over time.
Enter: Homemade Cold Brew.
Brewing cold brew at home is easy, fun, and it allows you to play with your recipe in order to get the exact flavor profile that you’re looking for.
Luckily for you, we’ve made brewing cold brew at home so easy that our kids can do it. Seriously, one of our co-owners had his 5-year-old son brewing up some killer brews.
The secret is our pre-packaged cold brew filter packs. One of our pre-packaged cold brew packs makes 64oz of cold brew, which is a big bang for your buck at only $10, especially if you’re someone who’s going to the coffee shop every day for a cup of Roy G Biv. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, get you cold brew in a breezy. You can shop our line-up of FILTER PACKS HERE.
There are many ways to brew cold brew, but this is one of our favorites:
1. Open the pretty Stone Creek cold brew bag and pull out the filter-bag full of coffee.
2. Set the filter-bag into the bottom of a vessel of your choosing. The vessel need to be large enough to hold 64 oz. of water, so that large pitcher you thrifted that’s been in your cupboard collecting dust can get some use, or even a food-safe bucket or kitchen bowl would do.
3. Fill your vessel with 64 oz. of room temperature water.
4. Place the lid or covering on your brewing vessel and keep stored at room temperature for 15 hours.
5. After the 15 hour brew time is complete, lift the filter out and let the liquid drain from the filter to capture all the cold brew goodness.
6. Once brewed, this product is best stored in an airtight container and must be refrigerated. We recommend drinking this within 2 weeks.