Here are our brewing tips so that you can have a great cup of Stone Creek Coffee at home:
1. USE FRESH BEANS: Beans uphold their optimal flavor characteristics when brewed as freshly as possible. Optimal characteristics in whole bean coffee last for about two weeks after purchase.
2. GRIND RIGHT BEFORE BREWING: 50% of the coffee flavor deteriorates about eight minutes after grinding. Make sure to accurately grind for your particular brewing method. Example: a grind for a french press is much more coarse than a grind for a cone filter or an espresso machine. Check out our section on Brewing Methods to learn more about grind and amount of coffee to use.
3. STORING BEANS: Beans should be stored in an airtight or vacuum sealed container. Keep the beans out of direct sunlight and in an area that maintains the room’s temperature, such as a cabinet. Kitchen moisture, heat, and light should be avoided to prevent stale beans. Do not store in a refrigerator. The beans will pick up other flavors and odors which will cause the coffee to go stale.
4. USE FILTERED WATER: Using filtered water prevents unwanted flavors and minerals from polluting the coffee flavor. Cold, fresh, filtered water gives the coffee a cleaner taste.
5. KEEP EQUIPMENT CLEAN: Be sure to wipe out your grinder regularly and wash your brewing equipment after each use. Dirty equipment can cause yucky flavors that will negatively impact the coffee’s ideal characteristics.
6. BREWING RATIOS: Refer to the individual brewing guides to help you with your ratios.