Upcoming Merch & Designs:
FELLOW CARTER MOVE MUGS
Launches August 3rd
We are launching new colors of the same design we currently have in the Fellow Carter Move Mugs – warm pink & stone blue. Featuring a leak-proof seal, this travel vessel is actually travel-approved.
SUGAR PLUM DECAF ETHIOPIA
Launches August 10th
A decaf with this much character and presence is a rare find. We are elated to be able to feature a water-process decaf with natural process fermentation that can compete with the likes of its kin in the caffeinated world. You won’t find a dull moment in your journey from first sip to last drop. Notes of dried fig and red grape are only the beginning of what this Sugar Plum Ethiopia Guji brings to the table.
- 8/17 – 8/30 Gift Card Giveback: This promo will be coming up in August!
- New Cold Brew Recipe: Greetings y’all! We have some exciting news about the path of our cold brew. Drew and I have been working together over the last several weeks on finding a cold brew recipe that not only still brings the flavor we expect from our cold brew, but also focuses on the ease and ability for you all in cafes to create a consistent brew, day after day. Starting 7/24, we will have a brand new recipe on the back of the bags you receive at your cafes as well as on the bags sold out on the shelf.
Why are we doing this?
Well, we had been testing cold brew at various cafes over a series of weeks and noticed that the brew that is being served came in at a hot TDS reading of 2.8 to almost 3 in some cafes. What this means is that we were basically serving Jet Fuel, and coincidentally we don’t own any jets here at SCC. Given what we found, we went back to the source to create a brew that was simple to recreate and gave us a TDS closer to 1.8 so that we aren’t launching people out our doors. Along with this, our new recipe has a cleaner finish and can make more cold brew per batch, resulting in a more efficient brew. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the new recipe outlined below. We are stoked for you all to try this new recipe! If you have any questions, please reach out to Joshua or Drew. Cheers, and happy brewing!
- 1) Open this bag and pull out the filter-bag full of coffee.
- 2) Set the filter bag into the bottom of your 5 gallon cold brew container and flatten.
- 3) Fill 5 gallon cold brew container with two full 128oz (1 GAL) pitchers of water around 50°-55°.
- 4) Put on a pair of gloves and massage the bag of cold brew in the water to ensure full saturation of the filter bag and coffee grounds.
- 5) Add another two full 128oz (1 GAL) pitchers followed by 16oz to complete the total fill of 528oz of water around 50°-55°.
- 6) Put a lid on the cold brew container, and be sure to keep at room temperature for 14 hours.
- 7) After the 14 hour brew time is complete, lift the filter out and let it drip for about a minute and then gently squeeze any remaining liquid out.
- 8) Decant or keg as needed and refrigerate.
- Updated Cold Brew Recipe: no more hot bloom. 14 hour brew time. More cold water added (total add: 528 oz). See new step-by-step recipe below!
- We will use 1 bucket (not two) to fill kegs. This will yield a keg about 3/4 full after decanting. Plan for more frequent brewing/keg filling/keg swapping // slight increase in nitro usage.
- Begin brewing with this recipe as soon as today, Thursday 7/20.
- Do not mix old and new recipes in the same keg.
- Production Team will send updated labels to cafes for both our 1/2 lb cold brew prepacks and our 3 lb brewing prepacks.
- Once you receive these, please carefully paste the new back label (with updated recipe) over the old back label. All of the new cold brew prepacks sent to cafes as of 7/24 (for retail & for bulk brewing) will have the updated label.
July & August Programming Calendar:
Coffee Notification Sheets
Our Short Run, Small Batch, Reserve (when available), Seasonal, Year Round, Decaf, and Cold Brew coffee notification sheets are now available online. Click the button below to check out the blog, which will be updated before each new coffee launch.
Bakery Resource Guide
Our bakery notification sheets are now available online. Click the button below to check out the blog, which will be updated before each new bakery or drink launch.