CoCo Reflections from Madisen Debord:
This Week’s CoCo: Speak to the Future, Not the Past
I’m very big on reflections. My favorite classes in college were the ones that had a weekly reflection due. I love looking back and processing through everything. The past can teach us some of our most valuable lessons, but it’s also easy for me to get stuck there. I get stuck in the mistakes I’ve made, and I replay them over and over. I think my way out of the situation and get down on myself for making the mistake and not having a different course of action. This gets very unproductive, very fast. If this is all we did in a work setting, nothing would ever get done. We’d all grumble about past mistakes, but we would never grow or learn. Speaking to the future allows us to acknowledge and learn from the past and then progress forward.
Next Week’s CoCo: Be a Hero, Find a Hero
I love this CoCo. Love it. As someone who volunteers and serves often, I love getting to be a hero. I think because I step into this often in my life, it’s easy for me to recognize people that do it too. My last job was severely lacking in the hero department, and work started to feel pointless. Why should I put in 120% when I was only getting 50% back. I was doing everything myself, or at least that’s how it felt. And that friends, is very draining. Like in a soul sucking way. At SCC, if I ask someone to do something for me, they don’t hesitate. Not only that, but they often anticipate the need and do it before I even have to ask. There’s big hero culture here, and I am so here for it. And instead of soul sucking, it’s soul filling.
- Speak to the Future, Not the Past: This Core Commitment Hero comes from the Bakery Team – Atlas Bartlett! Though so many of our Bakers are a great example of this CoCo, we want to recognize Atlas! Atlas is a newer bakery team member but he has caught on to his work so quickly. Working with Atlas means that you can offer feedback and will always receive a “thank you” back. Atlas demonstrates how to take feedback with grace and move forward. Furthermore, any time change and new ideas arise, he is onboard and ready to take on the challenge! Thanks for always bringing excitement and energy to our team!
- Be a Hero, Find a Hero: This Core Commitment Hero comes from the Factory Cafe – Kristen Tetzmann! Kristen Tetzmann embodies “Be a Hero, Find a Hero” in their daily work. They regularly take hero shifts at different locations, and often go above and beyond for both their coworkers and customers. In addition, they also frequently recognize when their coworkers are being heroes and are quick to praise and uplift them.
- 3/9 TNT: Grab your crazy hat and join us for our upcoming Thursday Night Throwdown in the Factory’s Learning Lab on March 9th! Bracket sign up begins at 6pm, with first pour at 6:15pm. We will have both a beginners and experienced bracket, a crazy hat contest, and a cookie decorating contest with prizes for each competition. Food and beverages will be provided. All team members and their significant others are welcome!
JOIN THE WHITEFISH BAY OPENING TEAM: We are so excited for the opportunity to Create Remarkable Care in a new Whitefish Bay Cafe & Kitchen, with a target opening date this summer! We are in the early stages of building a team of Baristas, Line Cooks, and Cafe & Kitchen Team Leaders. If you are interested in joining the Whitefish Bay opening team, either as a permanent transfer or a temporary transfer, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Wins & Shout-outs:
Congratulations to Tony Johnson from our Downer Kitchen Team on their Master Line Cook Certification! They’re the first person to complete this training and have been working towards this goal for around 4 months now. They just completed their ServSafe training, which was their final step. We are super proud of their work and they are a ROCK for our team during every single shift that they work and CRUSH the weekends as our Grill Rockstar.
We would like to take this opportunity to shout out our newly certified Cafe Coach at Oconomowoc – Monica Brown! Monica is a veteran Oconomowoc team member who has really stepped up to help lead her team in the recent months. Monica brings an amazing willingness to collaborate with her team to achieve success. This was evident in our most recent remodel project at Ocon – Monica did such an AMAZING job leading the cafe side push to get the cafe ready and looking stunningly clean for reopen. Great work Monica!
Congratulations to our newest Cafe Coach, Violet Locallo! Violet joined our Tosa Blue team in November as a CCT, and since then they have crushed every step of the way. Violet brings a great deal of care to their work day in and day out and we are excited to watch them continue to grow as a Cafe Coach. Next time you see them around, give Violet a huge high five!
If you’d like to recognize or celebrate a teammate, we would love to hear about it! By clicking here, you can fill out a form to nominate a hero and choose how you would like them to be celebrated.
- 2/28 – Christopher Tammes
- 3/7 – Emily Gunn
- 3/11 – Callie Lemley
- 3/12 – Chloe Drapes
- Makayla Drutowski – 1 Year!
- Tony Johnson – 1 Year!
- Killian Steiner – 1 Year!
- Chase Sullivan – 1 Year!
- Rachel Shea – 1 Year!
- Riley Isaac – 3 Years!
- Alexis Westhoff – 3 Years!
- Alex Plyer – 4 Years!
- Kristen Tetzmann – 4 Years!
- Rachel Perik – 5 Years!!!
- Drew Pond – 9 Years!!!!
- Anna Oelerich – 10 Years!!!!
- Ronnie Winkler – Bakery, Welcome Back!
- Matthew Makeever – Wauwatosa Bluemound
Employee Discount Codes:
Please don’t share these with non-employees
- 20% Employee-Only Website Coupon Code
- February: Feb23sccemp
- March: Mar2023sccemp
- 40% Employee-Only Mobile App Coupon Code
- February: Feb23sccemp
- March: Mar2023sccemp
Ways to Speak Up:
Do you want to speak up about ideas, thoughts, and more? Send an email to Teams & People (email@example.com) or use the button below to send a note anonymously.