CoCo Reflections from Madisen Debord:
This Week’s CoCo: Prepare For Your Work
Preparing for your work always brings me back to theatre. 90% of the theatrical process is preparation for that glorious 10% that’s the performances. Hours and hours of time is spent in rehearsal, doing paperwork, sending emails, painting sets, hanging lights, etc. It all comes down to finally showing the world what you’ve collaborated and created for weeks and months. And that reward could not be any sweeter. Preparation requires you to engage with the work you’re doing. You invest time and effort and energy. The preparation makes the rewards that much better.
Next Week’s CoCo: Speak Up
I used to (and sometimes still am) the person that would just suffer in silence. I come from a family of work horses. We all grew up volunteering at church day in and day out, helping out around the house, participating in extracurriculars, and somehow still finding hours in the week to have a job. It became easy for me to let things wash over me and move on to the next part of my day. But there were times I should’ve spoken up and didn’t. Sometimes I didn’t feel like I had the opportunity to speak up and be heard. Other times I was too nervous to say anything. Instead I would just stay silent. And suffer. Being in a space now, where I know I’m heard makes a huge difference. I don’t feel afraid to speak up if I’m frustrated or sad or happy with the way things are going. I feel comfortable doing it because a space has been created for me to do so.
- Prepare For Your Work: This Core Commitment Hero comes from the Retail Team – Patrick Colbourn! Patrick tagged in a few weeks earlier than expected to provide MCC support to our Delafield and Oconomowoc Cafes in addition to our Tosa and Harwood Cafes. Patrick is frequently shouted out as a #HERO by his team members! His ability to plan and prepare helps our team mitigate risks in advance and pivot effectively when needed. Thanks Patrick – way to go!!
- Speak Up: This Core Commitment Hero comes from the Production Team – Arabella Husson! Arabella is truly gifted in her ability to Speak Up! As a new member of the Employee Council, it’s great to know that she is able to bring this skill both to the company at large and the production team. Speaking up can be sharing and talking about things that are just ideas, or talking about things that may be difficult or need improvement. Arabella is able to do both kinds with ease and care! Thank you, Arabella!
- 2/14 VALENTINE’S DAY: Baristas, please pour hearts or tulips to celebrate Valentine’s Day on Tuesday, February 14! ♡
- NSL WORKSHOP FOLLOW UP: Thank you to everyone who participated in our Winter NSL Workshops this past week! Our Teams & People team enjoys having this time set aside to share company updates, learn together, and hear from our many teams regarding areas of celebration and where there is room for improvement. In the upcoming weeks, Teams & People will be reviewing each speak up. As a reminder, if you are curious about the status of something you spoke up about or if you have something you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out to your team leader and/or Teams & People (email@example.com).
- 2023 EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK LAUNCH: It’s that time of year again! Our Employee Handbook is available to all team members and includes all new and updated information regarding your employment with Stone Creek Coffee. Updates include all team member paid time off renewals occurring on each respective team member’s anniversary, the additional of Professional Development Time for Full Time team members, and more. Please take some time to read through the 2023 Employee Handbook found in your documents section in Paycor and sign your Handbook Acknowledgement form in Paycor no later than the end of the day on Monday, February 20th.
JOIN THE WHITEFISH BAY OPENING TEAM: We are so excited for the opportunity to Create Remarkable Care in a new Whitefish Bay Cafe & Kitchen, with a target opening date this summer! We are in the early stages of building a team of Baristas, Line Cooks, and Cafe & Kitchen Team Leaders. If you are interested in joining the Whitefish Bay opening team, either as a permanent transfer or a temporary transfer, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Wins & Shout-outs:
If you’d like to recognize or celebrate a teammate, we would love to hear about it! By clicking here, you can fill out a form to nominate a hero and choose how you would like them to be celebrated.
- 2/16 – Lauren Huskins
- 2/18 – Zipporah Caspers
- 2/23 – Vanessa Van Den Elzen
- 2/25 – Lauren Matenaer
- 2/28 – Christopher Tammes
- Makayla Drutowski – 1 Year!
- Tony Johnson – 1 Year!
- Killian Steiner – 1 Year!
- Chase Sullivan – 1 Year!
- Riley Isaac – 3 Years!
- Alexis Westhoff – 3 Years!
- Drew Pond – 9 Years!!!!
- Stacey Ziebart – Wauwatosa Bluemound
- Tori Harwick – Glendale
- Isaac Quinones – Production
- Daniel Beyer – Bakery
- Noel Johnson – Bakery
- Thomas Raney – Downer Kitchen
- Maddy Meyer – Delafield
SERVICE TECHNICIAN POSITION: Hey Coffee Geeks! Have you ever wondered what it’s like to live a day in the life of our Tech Team? Now’s your chance to find out! Our tech team is looking to add to their team. If you are interested in learning the ropes of our Tech Team, we would be thrilled to talk with you about this opportunity. Reach out to email@example.com to learn more or apply via our website by clicking the button below.view all current openings
Employee Discount Codes:
Please don’t share these with non-employees
- 20% Employee-Only Website Coupon Code
- February: Feb23sccemp
- 40% Employee-Only Mobile App Coupon Code
- February: Feb23sccemp
Ways to Speak Up:
Do you want to speak up about ideas, thoughts, and more? Send an email to Teams & People (firstname.lastname@example.org) or use the button below to send a note anonymously.